Get a grip on your career, find meaning.
The world of work is changing fast. Purpose and meaning are becoming prominent factors to choosing your path. The support tools at school are great to get you started, but don’t always help to connect with what you truly care about. That’s the blank we want to fill.
We help you find your purpose, and show the options out there.
What you’ll find
- Direct access to TheCareerGuys podcast. A pleasant and regular talk between Dr Jeff and Rogier, with the occasional interview of people that inspire. About today’s career themes and challenges. Off the beaten track.
- Online classes, supporting you to get ready for your next stage in life. We offer classes for students as well as for parents and coaches of early career professionals.
- A free powerful career database to explore career paths in an engaging and inspiring way, with a bias to careers that matter, careers of the future.
- Intriguing blogs about today’s career trends and themes, offering depth and background and a bit of help in the crazy but fascinating world we are in.
- An overview of alternatives out there. A four-year college remains the preferred path for most of us, but what about alternatives? Are we fully aware of the options out there and the prospects they offer?
- Resources for Career Coaches, Career Counselors and School Counselors
What Makes FindMino Different
1. An unbiased view on careers
Your future could unfold into unknown territory. That’s because your interests evolve, and your search for purpose. That’s because you might bump into career ideas you hadn’t thought of before. That’s because the world of work changes day-by-day.
We like to challenge that 4-year college is the only way to go. Let’s look at all alternatives that could get you into fulfilling paths, successful careers. For some that’s college. For some it’s a start up, a coding bootcamp, learning a trade, or taking a gap year to start with. Finding your purpose is what matters most.
2. Careers that matter
FindMino’s career database is biased towards careers of the future, i.e. nascent or trending careers that will be ‘safe bets’ rather than ones that have existed for ages. And particularly, careers with purpose. This is significantly different from existing career support systems available, that are mostly listing standard careers only.
3. A career exploration platform that inspires
FindMino’s user interface is friendly, inviting and offers modern, inspiring career ideas and connections to career paths one had never considered before. People can search, explore on keyword, jump around from brain surgeon to goldsmith by clicking connecting tags, or browse through career guides.
You may also take FindMino’s unique Swipe Quiz©. The quiz offers relevant career ideas based on someone’s unique set of talents, interests and competencies.
A great selection of online career info
We pull career info from the best career apps and sites out there, like The Muse, CollegeBoard, CareerExplorer, CareerContessa, CareerCruising, Niche, Zippia, StudyPortals, JobShadow, MyMajors, Learn.org, and Study.com.
And we add quite a bit of info. FindMino’s career database is unique as it contains curated content to help users “sneak a peek” into various careers and related interests. We do this through ‘day in the life’ youtubes, average pay and job prospects, typical education paths and recommended schools and school finders.
In addition we selected useful career specific blogs and podcasts, career paths to college and alternative paths, and relevant forums and professional organizations.
Check our ‘quality of content‘ to see how we feed the database.
A community platform
Optionally, as a community platform, FindMino connects students with alums/ professionals over virtual coffees, job shadows, internships and more. The purpose of the platform is to create community connection between alums or professionals and current members. As a result, they can share career experiences, networking and dialogue.
Your privacy matters a lot
We care quite a bit about your privacy. Facebook told us how not to do things. That’s why you can access most of our career database without sign on. When you do sign on, like to get personal recommendations or take a class, we ask minimal personal data from you. We will not share your details with third parties. Check our cookies policy and other policies for details.
We do allow for limited advertising. Right now this is for coursera.org shown courses only. We may earn commission on courses bought through our site. In addition, HNmovers.com regularly supports blogs on latest trends, in exchange for which we allow them to refer to their services.
FindMino is a social enterprise, meaning we are a for-profit company aimed at making a social impact, and being a force for good and giving back. This translates, for instance, into free and open access to our career database. In addition, we balance our online coaching and courses between paying customers with customers who have difficulty affording such support.